Solar Power system Design by Experts
Why Choose Solar?
- Reduce your Carbon Footprint
- Free electricity
- Feed in Tariff income which is index linked and TAX FREE for 20 years
- Protect your home against future energy price rises
- Only 5% VAT payable on Systems for Domestic Customers
- The greatest return on investment available today.
- The system components are currently at their lowest ever prices
How Solar PV Works
Each solar panel is made up of a series of photovoltaic (PV) cells, which are made from thin layers of silicon and give the solar panels that blue/black tiled look. When light hits the PV cells it creates an electric field. Although solar panels only need daylight (not sunlight) to work, the brighter the light, the more electricity is produced. In an ideal world, to get the most out of your Solar PV panels your roof would be south facing and pitched at an angle between 35° and 45°. However, we will be able to design a system using the right solar panels that will allow even the most awkward of roofs to benefit from solar energy. The direct current (DC) electricity then flows to an inverter installed in your loft which converts it into alternating current (AC) electricity for you to use to power your home.
How much does it cost?
Green Power Projects will design a system suitable to your needs and budget restrictions, however, we can supply and install a simple system from as little as £3,000.
If you are eligible to receive the FiT, you will benefit in 3 ways:
- Generation tariff – a set rate paid by the energy supplier for each unit (or kWh) of electricity you generate. This rate will change each year for new entrants to the scheme (currently 12.92p/kWh for retrofit solar pv), but once you join you will continue on the same tariff for 20 years (solar pv only).
- Export tariff – you will receive a further 4.85p/kWh from your energy supplier for each unit you export back to the grid.
- Energy bill savings – you will be making savings on your electricity bills, because generating electricity to power your appliances means you don’t have to buy as much electricity from your energy supplier. The amount you save will vary depending on the amount of energy you use on site.
Green Power Projects will be happy to discuss any of the information above or answer any questions you may have. Please use our Contact Us page to get in touch.
The Process from Enquiry to Installation
Click here to read about The Process from Enquiry to Installation which explains in full detail the steps we take from start to finish for your solar panel installation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please have a look at our frequently asked questions for more information on domestic solar panel installations.